Suggestion: Make a Apple Watch Delivery Status Subforum!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by bushido, Apr 24, 2015.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

seriously.

now that the Apple Watch has been shipped to the first few lucky ones its time to move all those "delivery status xy" topics in its own sub forum.

i am more curious to read about "problems" or "experiences" and "first impressions" and its nearly impossible to find these among all those "delivery status" posts!

just an idea

2. w00tini macrumors 6502a

agreed. maybe make it part of the old "launch meetup" forum construct
    there are too many non product related topics here now

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It'll soon settle down once the first batch of orders have arrived so it doesn't really warrant a new sub forum.

4. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Could we maybe have a sticky for first impressions? I fear the forum will be full up of new threads for every little thing or quirk, a lot of them from people who just got the device and barely played with it at all.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Do you really think that would stop all the new threads? :D

I've made the Show off your :apple: WATCH! thread sticky, if you've got any other suggestions link them here and I'll take a look.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Perhaps, (well, I can pray for it in my yearning dreams) put in a request for a sub-forum of some description for all the endless and almost identical Watch band/strap discussions?

To answer your (rhetorical) question: Probably not, no. But we can live in a state of eternal hope……..

7. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I think OllyW's response fits this too - the band discussion will die down, and isn't something that merits a subforum. If you see a duplicate thread, or threads so similar that they should be one and the same, just send a report and we'll merge!

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I understand that, and get entirely where you are coming from, and fair comment. Really, I was giving voice (and allowing a vented outlet) to exasperation, nothing more.

Maybe it is my curmudgeonly middle-aged self, perhaps it is that I have always found displays of collective hysteria unsettling and unnerving, but I have to say that the Watch forums terrify me; one glances at it, and finds that the first four pages are full of threads that are virtually indistinguishable from one another……….

I know, I know; ignore them and avoid them and give them a very wide berth until the initial excitement does down…….