Suggestion needed...

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by HighDefJam, Sep 15, 2007.

1. HighDefJam macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2007
    Hi folks,

I've recently purchased a new MacBookPro and I am loving it. I have been stuck having to use PC's the last few years (I think I just threw up a little in my mouth). :D

Anyway, I am new to the Garageband program and would like to start using it asap. I am a vocalist and all that I really need to do is get my mic setup going.

My question is this. Can someone just flat out tell me what I need to get? I tried searching this forum but there are so many options that it can overwhelm someone like myself!

Here's what I have:

AKG C3000B Studio Mic, Rolls PB23 Phantom Power Adapter.

Do I just need a midi interface? If so which one? (I'm on a budget of around $120)

Thanks guys/gals for any guidance you can give.
  2. Peace macrumors Core

Apr 1, 2005
    Space--The ONLY Frontier
    You don't need a MIDI interface for your microphone since GarageBand does real vocals.Use the line in via an adapter.
  3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    to get started get one of these

you'll need to set it up in your system prefs>sound>input

make sure you are getting a signal.

open Gband, record enable, and do it to it. Later on, try the included Pro Tools Software to get more advanced.
  4. HighDefJam thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2007
    Thanks for the quick answers but now I'm a little bit confused. Do I need the M-Audio FastTrack or do I only need an in-line adapter? Does one give you superior sound?

Thanks Again
  5. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002
    if you haven't already, read the stickied primer.