Suggestion Regarding Sep. 9 iPods and Back to School Deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aznguy2772, Sep 3, 2008.

1. aznguy2772 macrumors member

OK, assuming there is a new iPod Touch next week with a higher storage capacity with the same price point ($299). My brother is considering a MacBook, but I heard that there will be revisions to these in October, which is past the Back to School Deal. Assuming that the price of the MacBook will stay the same, do you think it's worth it to wait it out until Oct. to get a new model computer and pay for the iPod or do you think the changes to the MacBook won't be that extreme to make it worth paying $300 for an iPod Touch?

Thanks

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Depends on what you consider to be an 'extreme' change. Nobody knows anything for sure, though many are speculating about a possible case redesign (to aluminium). I doubt the specs will be all too different from what they are now, though. Personally I'd say buy now and go for the deal.

Having said that, please don't come back and kill me if Apple do release an extreme-kickass-big-bad-macbook update in October.

3. aznguy2772 thread starter macrumors member

Heh, don't worry. Hopefully, Apple will at least announce the new changes to the MacBook on Tuesday. So we can decide after that time what to do.

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Hmm, none of us really know. I just bought mine a couple of days ago and got my free printer and iPod. To be completely honestly, we don't know what is going to happen, and there isn't much Apple can do to make my MacBook obsolete with a new release.

5. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Historically, when Apple releases new iPod in the middle of the Back to School promo, the new iPods are not included.

What will likely happen is that the 1st gen iPod touch will be reduced to $199 and thus the rebate will also be reduced to $199. That is what they did last year, anyway.