Suggestions before I erase

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Wemillerb, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Wemillerb macrumors newbie

Updated to ios7 today. I was able to use the phone for a while to check out new features and tweak some settings then put phone down. When I went back to use my phone it would not allow me to swipe left to right to unlock (it had before).
    I tried to power down and reboot but......no left to right swipe. I can swipe up to bring up the control center, and down to see notifications but no side swipe. Also, it will not allow me to interact with any of the settings in the control center or enter my passcode when prompted by siri in one of my attepmts to bypass the lock screen.
    I connected to itunes but it says it cannot connect to my iphone to restore from a backup because find my iphone is activated. To restore from a backup all I have to do turn off find my iphone by changing the setting on my phone (which I cannot access). I have removed my case to see if that was the problem but it still would not allow a side swipe.
    I am about to wipe the phone remotely using find my iphone but wanted to see if there was something I did not think of. Thanks in advance.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Do a hard reset. Hold the home button and power button. The screen will turn black, keep holding until you see the Apple logo pop up. Should take a total of 10 seconds or so from when you first hold to when the Apple logo reappears.

Hopefully that fixes it.

3. Wemillerb thread starter macrumors newbie

That did the trick. Thank you very much. All is working after the reset.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

No problem, glad it helped.

5. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

A reset/reboot is almost ALWAYS at least one step with solving an issue with anything electronic. Whether it be a cell phone, a TV set, a computer, a tablet, a microwave or test stands in the defense industry I work in, a very high percentage of the time is solves issues. It might not solve them permanently, but in many of those cases it sets you back to a point where it can help you troubleshoot the issue.

Mike