Suggestions for 17 UNIBODY Bag?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lscangus, Jan 9, 2009.

1. lscangus macrumors 6502

Any existing user has any good recommendation?

2. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

I read, unlike the 15 mbp which became a bit wider, the 17 incher has the same foot print as its older sibling so I'm thinking any bag designed for the old 17 inch Macbook Pro should work with the new 17 inch unibody.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

thats right.

4. EspressoLove macrumors 6502

EspressoLove

More than that, virtually any bag designed for PB'17 will suit it well too.
    It's the 15"~ form factor which was changing all the time ...

5. lscangus thread starter macrumors 6502

But any good suggestions?

6. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I've been looking at the booq bags, granted they are expensive but they fit a great deal of my personal needs. I was looking at the Python Pro, it has a enough slots where I can fit my work shoes, my packed lunch, and all my gadgets + my new 17" mbp in there. I commute into work on the Train so I tend to wear sneakers in downtown Atlanta to work so I don't mess up my good work shoes. I also pack my lunch which is mid size lunch box... This bag is perfect but the 350$ price tag is a killer. I used to own a booq bag for my old Dell 17" Laptop like 4 years ago and it was a perfect bag, wish I never gave it up :(.

7. infernohellion macrumors 6502

infernohellion

Try Incase Sling Pack or Incase Backpack. I'm using the sling pack and love it. It shows your pec really well to.. LOL.

8. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

Aaaaaactually... incorrect. The previous model was 15.4-by-10.4-by-1.0. The new model is 15.47-by-10.51-by-0.98. That works out to only 1 mm wider, 2 mm deeper, and 0.9 mm thinner (so hardly any different). My guess is that almost every bag will still fit, but BE CAREFUL with form-fitting sleeves and slim cases. Just a heads up!