Suggestions for 21.5" secondary monitors and speakers

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Siderz, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Siderz, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013

Siderz macrumors 6502a

I know this gets asked like once a week, but I want to address my needs.

I'm going to get it for video editing, so it needs to be good quality. Preferably a monitor with a panel very very similar to the 21.5" iMac. I remember seeing a Dell with the same panel, but they've discontinued it. I want either the same panel or one that's very similar.

I'm looking at about £100 to £250. If monitors with the same panel are going to cost more than this, then it doesn't matter, as long as it has the right I/O and is 1920x1080. HDMI would be good as well so that I can plug in my PS3.

And speakers, what are some good speakers paired with the iMac? Are USB 2.0 speakers good?

It would be nice to get speakers whereby you can change the volume via the keyboard...or is this how most speakers should work when plugged into a Mac?

Did I miss any specifications to help your answers?

Edit: Also found this - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-22xi-full-hd-21-5-ips-led-monitor-21270364-pdt.html - It's within my price range, looks sleek, and has the correct I/O, but are the specifications good enough? Edit 3: That link isn't working...the model numbers is: HP 22xi Full HD 21.5" IPS LED Monitor

Edit 2: I also plugged in my Sony 19" 720p TV using HDMI earlier today to see what it feels like, and something I noticed is that the screen doesn't dim along with the iMac, and when the iMac display goes to sleep, the TV just goes blank and shows the channel. Is it any different with a monitor? I'm hoping this is just what happens with TVs.

2. Siderz thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Dr Charter macrumors 6502

4. Siderz thread starter macrumors 6502a