Suggestions for a 27" display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CDutch, Aug 27, 2010.

1. CDutch macrumors regular

I'm considering purchasing a 27" inch display to connect my mid 2010 13" MBP to. As nice as the new Apple display is, I'm not interested in shelling out a grand for a display. Any suggestions on more moderately price displays?

If it matters, I'll be running Snow Leopard and Windows 7 via Boot Camp (I don't know if the supported resolutions vary between SL and Win 7).

2. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

There are lots of 27" LCDs for less, but they are all 1080p only, which means your desktop resolution isn't going to be increased by using them. On top of that they really vary in quality, most of them are TN panels, but some of them might be PVA or IPS. You might want to look on other sites for reviews though.

Really at the screen size and resolution, the 27" Apple LED display is actually a really good value. The Dell 27" with the same resolution is the same price, but it does not come with a built in camera or speakers.

You generally get what you pay for, the cheaper 27" panels are low res and not nearly as good.

3. CDutch thread starter macrumors regular

Good to know...makes sense. I appreciate the input.