Suggestions for a mp3 player on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stuff99, Sep 11, 2007.

1. stuff99 macrumors 6502

Im looking for another mp3 player on the mac osx other than itunes...since there is no winamp on mac...I need a seperate player that displays the chinese characters on the mac...which itunes doesnt

thanks

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are you sure iTunes doesn't display Chinese? I have no problem with Japanese in it, and they "should" both use the same sort of underlying technology.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

iTunes displays Chinese (traditional and simplified), Korean, and Japanese easily, unless you've removed the language support. I have music in various character sets and it also transfers to the iPod and is displayed just fine.

4. SLJ macrumors regular

SLJ

his issue is when importing a TRAD-Chinese song, the double-byte character will become symbols, and he need to edit it each song to correct this problem.

again, i agreed, iTune does support multi-language unless you remove the language support.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Oh, that's just because what's on CDDB and is automatically retrieved has been written using Windows non-Unicode method to encode the Chinese. I usually have that problem with Spanish and have to fix all the diacritical marks.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I have a few Japanese sound tracks in my iTunes and it shows the Japaneses characters just fine.

7. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I third/fourth/whatever that I've seen Japanese in iTunes and on my iPod.

8. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can display chinese on my chinese cds but not my mp3s

the tracks do display fine on my pc back in winamp

my ipod mini was able to display the characters when i upload the mp3s from my pc but when i uploaded it from itunes (which cant read the text) on my new imac, the video ipod shows gibberish symbols too...

9. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Chinese, Japanese and Korean characters show up fine on mine :)

10. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

so does anyone have alternate players I can look into?

This is really odd because on my xp I can load the chinese charactered mp3s onto my ipod mini and both the computer and the mini can display the chinese fine...

11. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

MacAmp seems to display Japanese characters on my machine, but I also don't have any problems displaying them in iTunes or on my iPod so if it doesn't show them for you then you have something else you need to change on your machine.

12. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Yeah, did you remove/not install the additional languages you're trying to view?