Suggestions for airplane travel with 2 laptops

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vsp, Aug 15, 2008.

1. vsp macrumors regular

Here's the deal: I travel a lot for work and in the near future will often have two laptops with me, a 15' MBP and a HP laptop (and no, running windows on the mac won't always be a useful solution).

Any one have any suggestions on carry-on bags for two laptops? I'll usually be checking one bag and my only carry-on will have the computers. I'm leaning toward a Wegner back-pack like the Pegasus but I'm open to suggestions

Additional stuff in my carry-on will only be the powerbricks, an iTouch, and a Kindle.

2. gr8bob macrumors regular

I'm looking for similar solutions too, but so far haven't seen any 'proper' bags that does the job well.

3. Abhorred macrumors member

Though I'm not looking to tote two laptops together at any time in the near future, I'm looking to possibly get a Tom Bihn Brain Bag. It has the capacity to hold two systems in big sleeves, such as his Brain Cell models, plus a bunch of other stuff in the outer pockets.

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0104

It's a backpack, but it might still fit your needs.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Ooohhh another Kindle user… ;)

Okay, I would say don't bring 2 computers, because that's just bad, but I do that myself sometimes. That said, I use a duffel bag. I throw in sleeves for each computer and everything fits.

5. lindstrom macrumors member

I do around three return flights from Europe to the USA every year carrying two laptops with me in my carry-on. A MacBook and my hellish Dell from work. I put my Dell in one laptop bag which has room for other stuff as well, DS, book, etc.

My MacBook goes in a Incase slim 13" laptop bag which has just enough room for also a charger and my iPhone. The great thing is that the Incase bag fits perfectly horizontal under the seat in front of you, which is perfect for me. So I can keep it close to me at all times and still be able to stretch my legs out.

Moving one of my laptops to a slim and small carrying case was very nice as carrying one hefty bag with everything in it can be quite a workout when you have to walk through airports on your way.

6. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

you could try Crumpler laptop bags, there certainly big enought to hold 2 and some more.
    They come with a sleeve for one laptop so you would just need a second sleeve and you would be sorted.