Suggestions for an iPhone 4 bike mount.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Julien, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Just bought a bike today (2011 Scott CR1 Team) and need a mount for my iPhone 4. I see plenty of iPhone 3G mounts but not iPhone 4 mounts. Any bikers with iPhone 4's that could share they mount ideas with a newbie biker. Also I use iTrail for my running and will also use for biking.

2. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Breffo

More than just a bike mount:

www.breffo.com

I love it in my car; would work on a bike too.

3. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

I've seen that and it looks scary (figuratively and literally). Does it really work well and would it hold the iPhone securely? If it fass out in the car it lands in the carpeted floorboard but if it falls of a bike going 20mph.....

4. Otaillon macrumors 6502

Otaillon

5. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

It works well. It didn't seem secure to me, but it stays in place really well. I'm more worried about the whole thing falling than the iPhone falling out. But on a bike you could wrap it around the handlebars and it would definitely stay. Problem in my car is that I have nothing to wrap it around, so I just try to get it to stay in place with pressure.

It has worked flawlessly so far.

6. albert1028 macrumors 6502

I think for me, the ultimate design would be a clamp down and around shell casing where you would open up the mount and insert the iphone so it would have adequate "holding" strength and where a window is cut out so that you can see the screen.

I am sure I may be able to DIY something but it may not look at pretty as a retail product.

7. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

8. pbkiller macrumors regular

9. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

All these look great, but i really need something adjustable that will work with my iPhone 4 in a case.

10. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

The breffo will do that.

11. drexfish macrumors newbie

my votes for breffo if you are roadbiking

Hey there

I use a breffo Spiderpodium and wrap two legs around the brake wires and then twist two legs round the bar - but its massively flexible so will do pretty much anything. I love it, might do a stairs dive but I bike for hours and I can move this between my commuter (Trek7500) and road (wilier) and when I am done can take it off in about 1 minute with no trace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ess.Pee macrumors newbie

Try Holders and Mounts for bike mount

Have you tried Holders and Mounts? I have a Swivel bike mount that works great. Here's link.

13. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

14. McBeats macrumors 6502a

15. galenmd macrumors regular

I know you said you are looking for a mount that works with a case, but for those others who are reading this thread, I installed the Ram Mount a few weeks ago. It works magnificently.

16. Ess.Pee macrumors newbie

17. timhowm macrumors newbie

18. jacollins macrumors 6502a

I don't think they say waterproof, but that video sure makes it look like you'll have to watch out in the rain. If you're going out biking and have a chance with getting hit by a shower, I'd put it in a plastic baggie as well. Also, another thing I've heard on that case is to put a rubber band around it as well, for extra security (so it doesn't pop open while riding).

19. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Is that sold in the US? That's a UK site.

20. folder dude macrumors newbie