Suggestions for avatar?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It doesn't show up and it seems you have an avatar (when it shows) so what suggestion do you need? It's not really a big decision tbh.

Comment

BreakGuy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NZ, South Pacific
It's nice if you're after a small white question mark in a small blue box. Doesn't say much about who you are, unless you're a mysterious type of person...

Comment

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
EU
I don't know, it shows up fine over here. Maybe the internet is faster on the continent?

Comment

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I don't know, it shows up fine over here. Maybe the internet is faster on the continent?
So now I see it. Suggestions? I dunno... hard to say because no one knows you or what you're interested in or like. So I say, use whatever 'Tar you like.

Comment

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
EU
So now I see it. Suggestions? I dunno... hard to say because no one knows you or what you're interested in or like. So I say, use whatever 'Tar you like.
you could ask probing questions and we could arise at an answer?

Comment

arkitect

macrumors 603
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Suggestions for avatar?
Surely it is far too much of a personal thing to be open to the suggestions of strangers? :)

I know mine changes (too frequently I think) depending on life events or the like.

Your German eagle by GifHaas obviously has a personal meaning to you. So stick with it. There are worse. :p

Last edited:
Comment

bmacir

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009
These may be stupid questions, but where do you find avatars? do you have to design them by yourself or there is a database somewhere? are you allowed to use avatars found via google freely?

Comment

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
If you want custom avatars, animation etc. You can download gifbuilder from either the app store, or google it.

I think it was free, but I can't remember now. Look at the FAQ about Avatar size in the forum FAQ sheets.

Create your own, it's pretty easy to do.

Comment

bmacir

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009
If you want custom avatars, animation etc. You can download gifbuilder from either the app store, or google it.

I think it was free, but I can't remember now. Look at the FAQ about Avatar size in the forum FAQ sheets.

Create your own, it's pretty easy to do.
Cool, thanks. :)

Comment

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
I agree with others who say use something that reflects your personality or interests. The overall idea of the avatar is to have something people will see and recognize as classic acidfast7.

It's a novel idea to ask for suggestions, but as stated earlier, it's a personal decision, not a group effort.

you could ask probing questions and we could arise at an answer?
Given this, maybe I'll suggest you use this. ;)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.