Suggestions for best rugged case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Draganime, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Draganime macrumors member

I'm going on an expedition soon, I will need the case to protect my iPhone 6 plus against heavy rain and to be usable in rain, protect against very hard falls, have port covers and does not obstruct the camera in any way and preferably less than £30! :)

2. AE14 macrumors 65816

In terms of rugged, very little compares to the Otterbox Defender. Price wise, Amazon is always a good place to search

3. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

The Redpepper case was reviewed here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1827542

It's waterproof and since the LifeProof Nuud has some initial production issues, it might be worth looking into. It's less expensive as well. Good luck with your search!

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

If picture taking is primary in the trip, you can score a camera that is submersible, freeze-proof, shock-proof, and dust-proof. I bought an Olympus version of that kind of camera for my nephew. It's got zoom as well. And it can transmit images to the iPhone.

5. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

Heavy drop protection plus waterproofing does not come cheap. You may want to have a look at the Seidio Obex for that level of protection but it's about twice the price of where you're wanting to stay.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/apple-iphone-6-plus-obex-waterproof-case-black-p/cswiph6l-bk.html

6. Leggee macrumors newbie

Go for the Catalyst. I had the red pepper and it was perfect except for the mute button not working.

7. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

The Tech21 Patriot case is pretty good. Much better than the Otterbox. It's water resistant not water proof. I work outside and used my iPhone in snow and ice storms and the Patriot protected my iPhone well.