Suggestions for ensuring I get a new phone launch day.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SIUGRAD99, Jun 8, 2009.

1. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

I live in St. Louis and still have the 2G 16GB version. I have not had to worry about waiting in line for the past 2 phones, but am assuming I will have to next week. Anyone who has done this can you tell me when you actually showed up at the store and if people remember from the past 3G launch about how many phones each store received. Any suggestions and info would be appreciated.

2. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

you can just pre-order it and go in and get it activated / switched...

check Apple / AT&T

3. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I went to wait in line at the AT&T in Des Peres, and the line was around the side a few hours before the open. I believe they got 30 iphones total.

Needless to say I didn't get one.

4. SIUGRAD99 thread starter macrumors regular

I live in South County so i'll probably go to the one on Lindbergh near 255. I wonder with Wal-Mart & Best Buy selling them now if that will lessen the lines, but I doubt it. If you pre-order can you pick it up day of launch in store without waiting? Good question for the Apple store I would guess.

5. bjquach macrumors 6502

Called Apple store and they said I still had to wait in line even if I had a reservation

6. saDeRmac macrumors regular

All AT&T locations in the SouthEast will be opening at 7AM local time to accommodate Pre-ordered Direct Fulfillment customers. All those who do not pre-order will have to wait until store hours to buy their iPhone 3GS. More information will be released as the Launch Date nears.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Order it online. Delivery's guaranteed for the 19th.