Suggestions for Headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Winter Charm, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

Hello everyone. I am looking for some nice headphones for my iPhone 4S.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I know I want an in-ear model, and I've owned and used some headphones before. I'm looking for things below $100.

I have owned a pair of bose headphones and was so terribly disappointed that I ate them! (not really... I returned them) ;)

I have been using my v-moda vibes for 2 years now, and they are nearly dead. I really liked the bass on the vibes, it was deep and solid.

Also, I listen to almost all types of music, so having headphones that can handle bass, mids, AND high's is an absolute must for me

Thanks for all your help! :)

2. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

I own a pair of these and really enjoy them. You may also check out the s5 by klipsch that is out now.

3. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

I really like my Sony in-ear Ear buds. They cost $35

4. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Just got a pair of Klipsch S4i's, and to be honest, they're only ok.

First, the good. The remote on these is fantastic. I really like that it is located at the yoke, rather than by your chin area on one side of the cord. This means you don't have a little thing hitting you in the face. The buttons are nicely separated; I can adjust the volume and change tracks through my shirt (I run the cord under my shirt) while I'm running. Not too big, not too small.

Comfort is fair for me. Obviously this is totally subjective. I found the selection of oval shaped silicone ear tips to be ok, but not as good as the standard silicone ones I had on my last set of Shure IEM's.

The sound is really the most disappointing aspect to me. Many people find that they have good bass, but they sound totally muffled to me. The first time I tried them out, I thought I was listening to a low-quality MP3. Switching to my Shure studio over-the-ear headphones confirmed that it was the Klipsch headphones.

To be honest, I was surprised by the muffled sound from such a well-respected speaker company (although not really a long-time headphone manufacturer). They lacked all of the sparkle and high-end detail I was used to with the Shures. To be honest, the sound is adequate enough and the remote is so superb that I might end up keeping them. I got them open box on eBay for $45. If I had paid retail, I would certainly have returned them.

You might want to check out the Shure SE115m+. I was wary of buying another pair after the cord got a third loose connection after 2 warrantee repairs, but I do miss the sound quality.

I've heard good things about Etymotics, but have never tried them myself. I know the deep ear fit is a very love/hate thing. I'd also like to try out a pair of ultimate ears, but they have so many models, its hard to know what to get. I've also heard mixed things (some good some bad) after they were acquired by Logitech.

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

6. antman2295 macrumors 6502

I have a pair of Skullcandy Titans, and they have pretty good quality in my opinion. Also I like the ibeats by Dre, and will be getting a pair in the mail tomorrow! =D

7. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

Beats By Dre Studio here, I love them, so much bass without ruining the music.

8. whitete macrumors member

9. mp3junkie macrumors newbie

SOL REPUBLIC. Just picked them up at Best Buy.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Pass on the Dr Dre's they are over priced over rated! good choices Klipsch S4 around a $100 skip ebay to many knock off's Or I have a pair of a-jays 4 around $70. Mee Electronics has some great stuff at good prices tons of sales. worth joining there twitter and facebook. Sennheiser makes some great stuff and some not so good. http://www.head-fi.org/ is a forum or Audiophile geeks great reviews

In the end it's all a matter of opinion of course.

11. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

x2

12. ATaleOfFiction macrumors member

I really like the Woodees Blues. I've had mine since they came out, and again for my brother when he requested a pair for his birthday in June. They sound amazing, and has adequate bass for any type of musical genre, IMO. I greatly prefer themto the Klipsch S4.

13. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

The accessories forum here has this topic covered up and down.

Head-fi.org is another excellent resource, if not the best.

There are many there who regard the Nuforce as an excellent bang for the buck earbud.

For my money, (well over $100), the Klipsch X10i is the ultimate combination of comfort and fantastic sound. Many at head-fi agree.

14. drober30 macrumors 6502a

I really like the Bose MIE2i headphones.

I'm not a huge Bose fan but appreciate their products and the sound they get out of them.

15. nutrifa macrumors newbie

shure 215 100% go with those they are sick, stay away from beats, lol they are the most Overpriced thing ever

16. FunkyMonkCP macrumors member

FunkyMonkCP

Looking at head-fi.org can be very dangerous to your wallet if you aren't disciplined. I literally have to force myself not to go to that site. I ended up spending more than $1,500 on my portable music setup. It is the best resource for audio related information out there.