Suggestions for iCal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MisterK, Jan 6, 2012.

1. MisterK macrumors 6502

I just thought of a really cool idea for iCal (or if anyone else wants to incorporate this into their calendar application... free idea!).

What if you could drag any type of file onto the days in iCal? If you put it on today or before it serves as a record (screenshots of receipts, diary) and if you throw it on a future date, it brings the file to your attention on that date. The files you need when you need them.

I just did some online banking. What if I could take a screen grab of my receipts and then throw that on today's date as a record? What if I need to do invoices every sunday? I could throw a Pages template onto Sunday and set it to repeat. Maybe I got an email for a sale a week from now. I could throw that email onto a day a week from now to have it brought to my attention then.

Right now I can only do this type of thing with URLs.

As far as GTD goes, they say you can delegate, do, or defer. This idea is perfect for deferring and puts the files right in front of you when it's time to "do".

This isn't a big enough idea to have an application built around it, but it sure would come in handy in existing calendar applications.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, if any of you have ideas for iCal that you want to give away for free, this might be a good spot to put them. I know I won't be building a calendar any time soon and I'd rather have this feature than hold onto it thinking "someday I'll code".

2. Juggertha macrumors member

Juggertha

Yeah, I'd love to see more customization in iCal.