Suggestions for iPhone in Hot Car.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Coconutsport, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Coconutsport macrumors member

I've noticed recently I get this Temperature screen when I leave my phone in the car at the water park. I don't want to take it in with me since I'll probably get it stolen or wet. But whether I leave it in the trunk or in the glove box it still comes up with this Temperature issue. Do you think this is bad? What precautions should I take? I'm weary of leaving it in the cooler since it might end up getting wet, and I'll never get a Apple Store swap for replacement. Any help?

Attached Files:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Crack the window or buy one of those rental lockers to leave it in for the day. Prolonged exposure to heat is bad for the battery.

3. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

What if you put it in a cooler, or made some insulating case yourself, that didn’t have any ice in it? It would still provide some temperature insulation, and the inside of the cooler would heat up only slowly (especially if stored out of the sun).

Maybe buy one of those heavy-lined silver grocery bags—the ones people use to get frozen stuff home if they live somewhere far.

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Buy a SIM adaptor and take an older crappy phone to work.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

turn it off when you leave it in the car and under the seat or floor mat.
    both are generally cooler and the with the phone off the floor mat blocks keeping the phone cooler. in my experience anyway

6. Kim Sux macrumors member

iPhones have a very low tolerance for heat. If you turn it off and wrap it up in a big beach towel you should be OK.

7. gchhour macrumors member

Well, your kinda outta luck there. Unless you leave your phone at home, bring a small plastic bag to keep your phone in it and bring it with you or buy a waterproof case for your iphone. Leaving your phone or any phone in a hot environment can damage the battery.