Suggestions for iTouch FM Transmitter?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by mrchainsaw5757, Feb 27, 2008.

1. mrchainsaw5757 macrumors regular

mrchainsaw5757

So im looking for a FM transmitter with as best signal i can get. Which im sure a lot of people are in the same boat. But so far i have gotten 2 different transmitters and they both seem to be horrible, and give horrible reception. I had an iTrip with my 4th gen ipod before and it was PERFECT but so far i am not having good luck finding one for my iTouch. Any one have good luck with any or any recommendations?

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Have you tried a tape style?
    try turning down the sound on you iPod touch, and higher on the sterio

3. mrchainsaw5757 thread starter macrumors regular

mrchainsaw5757

no its not that. i know how fm transmitters work. and its an 08 car it has no aux input or tape adaptor.

4. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Have you looked at Griffin's FM transmitters, like the RoadTrip? It's a little pricey, but they make really good stuff.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/roadtrip

I am saving up for a TuneFlex for my Touch - I've got aux in on my head unit, but I want some sort of cradle that allows me to see my iPod Touch while it's in use. Right now my cable is in my console, so I can't easily get to the Touch while driving.

MacDann

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I've used several 'made-for-iPod' FM transmitters, some costing upwards of $80, and hated all of them. Consequently, I was both stunned and annoyed when my good friend brought his little Creative Zen into my car and proceeded to use this for playback.

I can't speak for some of the reviews on the Amazon link, but it's probably the best-sounding FM transmitter I've ever heard. And at half the price, it seems like something worth trying out.

6. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

I just tried the iTrip module that plugs into the bottom of the iT. The antenna in my is in the rear glass, and I find that the reception ( no matter the channel) is horrible and has a very low volume. I have to turn the radio volume up about twice the normal level just to hear the music and the static.
    If some one does find one that has enough transmitter to get at least four feet away to an antenna, I would be interested in one also!

7. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

8. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Check and see if they make an AUX adapter for your car. Chances are if it has controls for a CD changer, then you can get an AUX adapter. Check out http://www.logjamelectronics.com/auxinpconv.html IMO FM transmitters are a waste of time.

9. Chris29 macrumors member

i trip

x2

10. ramasis macrumors newbie

ebay 160215280560

I bought one of those and its cheap but very very good.

11. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

12. mrchainsaw5757 thread starter macrumors regular

mrchainsaw5757

Seems like it would have been a good solution, but unfortunately they dont support mitsubishi's i guess. I have an 08 lancer. I just wish there was a solution that wasnt so complicated. anyone know of any other websites that has like easy installation aux inputs?

13. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

Doesn't look like an option for Chrysler Crossfires either.:(

14. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

Got it plugged in and tuned. Sounds REAL good so far. Excellent response, plenty of volume.

15. supercooled macrumors 6502a

You're saving up for a $29 item?

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-TuneFlex-Charger-Flexible-Cassette/dp/B000EH6IIW

16. bamaworks macrumors 6502

17. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

http://www.hobbytron.com/mp3-fm-transmitter.html

Ok..it has been about a week now. If you don't mind plugging in a couple of wires and mounting the transmitter in a project box, then this IS the solution for FM transmitting . It works and works well!