Suggestions for new Graphics Video Card Intel Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tinksharley, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Tinksharley, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011

Tinksharley macrumors newbie

Need a New Graphics Card

My screen keeps going black and sounds like my fan races. I am a Graphic Designer and use an Intel Mac Pro. Could someone recommend a replacement for a Video Card: THis is what I have now: ATY,RadeonX1900
    Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
    Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 3 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 2
    Total Number Of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
    SMC Version (system): 1.7f10
    Serial Number (system): G863619DWS4
    Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F202808C

Any ideas on where to buy? send me some links and names. I do a lot of shopping on Ebay! thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

Just for clarification.
    The G5 is a name of a PowerPC CPU family and architecture (from IBM), belonging to iMacs and Power Macs before 2006.
    The Mac you have is an Intel Mac Pro, and it doesn't use a G5 CPU, but a Xeon CPU using the x86 architecture. Only the outer shell of the Power Mac and the Mac Pro look a bit the same, though the MP has two optical disk drive (ODD) slots on the front, whereas the G5 only had one.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find dozens of similar threads:
    [​IMG]

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

3. Tinksharley thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm better at Graphics Design than the hardware stuff... Can you suggest a model number for the Graphics Card? my screen keeps going black and/ sometimes things freeze while working when I have the internet on.. my fan is also screaming at times... sounding like a jet engine. Any suggestions? My research indicates to replace video card.