Suggestions for new Tech Site with a twist?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by dazcox5181, Aug 5, 2010.

1. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'm in the process of establishing a new tech/lifestyle blog/site with the twist of rather than being targetted only at the 'techie/geeky' audience will focus on gadgets & tech that will be of interest to parents and families.

Would appreciate any help and feedback anyone can offer

Link is

GeekDaddy

It's at 000webhost while I was testing ideas etc, how hard is transferring a wordpress site to a paid host?

BTW will be at the opening of Covent Garden Apple Store tomorrow if anyone else is there

2. JackT06 macrumors 6502

JackT06

Hey,

Are you planning to add more content pages to your site? OR are you just keeping it to a blog only?

Transfering it to another host shouldnt be a problem i would of thought (Im not perfessional or anything im just going on what i have learnt). But 00webhost do have an export feature, and then on your new host you should be able to upload the archive file...

3. dazcox5181 thread starter macrumors 6502

Contents coming - writing is taking a while!

Any suggestions what you'd like to see?

4. MCRunning macrumors 6502

First thing is first is getting your own domain name. I would do that now than down to the road cause then you will have to 301 everything to your new domain. Since this stuff is getting indexed, it will probably take you longer to get indexed again

5. dazcox5181 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, just ordered my domain gizmodad.co.uk so that should be sorted in a few days.

Will rebrand the site and get it resubmitted to the search sites.

Any other ideas?

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

So the twist is to put every sentence as a separate paragraph so it's hard to read?

BTW, with that amount of content brute force copy paste won't even take very long.

7. dazcox5181 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks...I think.

8. 7031 macrumors 6502

Hmm, I don't really see the twist here.

Thing is, there's a hell of a lot of blogs out there, and if you want to be successful you're going to have to find something that makes you stand out from the crowd.

Other than that, good luck.