Suggestions for old MBP ram?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jeffy.dee-lux, Jan 19, 2009.

1. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

Hi, my gf and I both just upgraded our mbp ram, so now we have 4 sticks of 1GB ram. Any suggestions for making use of this? I'm guessing that there aren't that many computers that can make use of the same ram, or is it good for anything that needs DDR2 ssd ram?
    Otherwise, is there any way of just using it as like a USB key or something? I'm allergic to throwing things out!

2. mopperx2 macrumors newbie

dont know about making it into a usb drive but you could always sell it online (craigslist, ebay etc)

3. jeffy.dee-lux thread starter macrumors 6502a

do you think there'd be a market for it? Cause clearly most MBP owners won't need this as I think they all ship with two 1GB sticks anyways.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I upgraded my RAM too. However, I'm keeping mine, just in case I have to take it in for repairs. If that happens, I'll switch out the RAM so Apple can't blame my computer problems on the RAM.
    It's a little paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

6. Elbert C macrumors 6502

I'm keeping mine too. I've read of instances where Apple have sent back Macs sent in for repair with the upgraded 3rd party RAM in plastic bags and blaming the RAM as being the cause of the malfunction.