Suggestions for slim waterproof and shockproof case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jeywalk, May 4, 2013.

1. jeywalk macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My name is Jerry, and I am on a project to find a slim waterproof and shockproof case that would allow people to use their iphones in more outdoor situations.

I know a lot of you have experiencing trying different types of cases - any particular one that you would recommend for this purpose?

For disclosure, I am a product curator at a design store. We are looking for accessories that will help increase the usability of people's devices.

Thanks in advance!

2. lbros360 macrumors member

For a waterproof slim case, I would go with Lifeproof. Its the thinnest waterproof case that offers reasonable protection I know.

3. jeywalk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. Mind elaborating what your experience of "reasonable protection" is? :)

4. maliu macrumors 6502a

It's waterproof to 6 feet and shock resistant to 6 feet. Check their website for specifics. All in a case that weighs about an ounce.

5. lbros360 macrumors member

Exactly what he said^^^. There are other alternatives such as the otterbox armor that is waterproof and the protection on the phone is unbelievable. It's literally crush proof from being ran over by cars. But the case makes the phone huge.

6. jeywalk thread starter macrumors newbie

:) what about something with a lens like the HitCase Pro?