Suggestions for speakers

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by cjskoog, Apr 13, 2008.

1. cjskoog macrumors newbie

cjskoog

Hi,
    I'm looking for a speaker dock for my Ipod Touch. The purpouse is to have it in the kitchen while cooking and cleaning up - so I don't need anything fancy.

Does anyone have a recommendation for speakers that fit with the ipod touch? (I want to be able to dock it so it recharges while plugged in)

2. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

its currently unavailable though...

I would like to find a good speaker dock too. Any other suggestions?

4. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I've been considering one of these SONY's for my kitchen or office (or both). Test drove it at a store and like the sound and feel. It's available in black or white. I do not know though if it charges to Touch. You'll have to research that (I'm guessing it does though)

Mike

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/102-5554062-9677762?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=icf+c1ip&x=8&y=26

Edit - one review says it DOES charge the IPOD, but calls it a drawback (as they wish you could turn off the charging as an option so to not constantly re-charge the IPOD...they like to run it down before re-charging)

5. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Amazon shows they are currently available from seven different vendors

6. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

Huh?!..I just clicked on it and it said in stock and available, plus it has listings for other vendors.

7. sirhandel macrumors newbie

Go into Currys with your touch - they have about 8 products on demo so you can compare sounds. I like the Intempo at about £50.

8. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

If your not looking for anything fancy, Walmart $20-30.

9. intempo808 macrumors regular

10. le prof jf macrumors newbie

Tivoli IPal.....The best ever single speaker!

I bought the IPal Tivoli 5 years ago and I am stunned even today how this mall unit sounds great with only one speaker;the dynamic range offers quite spectacular sound.Also the battery is rechargeable and it couples with an am-fm radio;great for the backyard or in the road.I made myself a case so that I can carry IPod and all the cables and the IPal.

Check it out;
    http://www.tivoliaudio.com/product.php?productid=161&cat=264&page=1

JF:)

11. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I've got one of these too, the sound out of it is really good. Of course there's also the 'Songbook' from Tivoli, which I believe also has a docking point.