suggestions for speakers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skippymac, Aug 15, 2010.

1. skippymac macrumors 6502a

skippymac

Hi,

I'm going to be getting the base 13" MBP in early september when I start college, I really want a decent set of speakers for home use as im really into my music, both listening and occasional producing of tracks :) Ideally I want a set of 2 satellite speakers and a subwoofer, with an ipod dock. Also it would be preferable to connect by usb rather than the headphone jack. The focus xs would be absolutely perfect for me, howerver it is well over my budget as I was hoping to spend an absolute maximum of £200. Of course for this price reduction I expect a drop in quality, and possibly fewer features. can anyone recommend me a set of sub £200 speakers comprising at least 2 satellite and a subwoofer? the ipod dock would be nice but is by no means necessary :)

sorry for the long post and thanks for your help :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Are you actually looking for sound quality, or just pretending to? If you are, you should invest in a pair of good headphones.

3. skippymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

skippymac

I have a pair of skullcandy hesh headphones, which have reasonably good sound quality, i usually use them when producing tracks on my family imac at the moment. However I am usually really tight on money and cannot justify buying proffessional quality speakers/headphones when they are more of a want than a need. I prefer not to wear headphones for extended periods of time as they start to get uncomfortable. Basically im just trying to find speakers that will give me nice quality sound without breaking the bank.