Suggestions for StarCraft 2 iPhone/iPad app.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ShootingStars, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ShootingStars macrumors member

Hello Guys,

Me and a friend are working upon an iPhone/iPad application development project, and we wanted to start something related to StarCraft 2. Our goal of this application is to make it the "essential" tool for both beginners and professionals to use.

Right now we have features we plan to add, and we were wondering if you have any input/suggestions we should add to fulfill your needs.

Features we plan to have:
    1) Users will be able the check the ladder rankings, in addition to their own and their friends. (Match History, Achievements, Most Played Race, etc.)
    2) Diagrams of the tech-trees for the three races with description and details.

Our question to you is,
    1) Would you love to have an application like this?
    2) What other features would you desire?
    3) What features would it need for you to consider it the "essential" tool for SC2 for both beginner and professional players?

If you guys can provide any feedback, it would be very much appreciated!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What does Blizzard think about you using their content in your app? Did you reach a licensing agreement with them?

3. eric/ Guest

eric/

Shouldn't have any licensing issues, you're just checking content and information that Blizzard already provides on their sites and it's located throughout other websites like Teamliquid.net .

Yes this is a good idea for an app, it will certainly get downloads at least just for the ranking information.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can look up your ranking, achievements, and friends on teamliquid? Where?

5. VeganHipster macrumors regular

A cool feature I saw implemented in an app on my Android phone was that the phone would read out build orders to me. So like when I would need to build an SCV for, lets say, 15 seconds, it would just say SCV for every 15 seconds. And then if I needed to build a Bunker 1:00 after that, it would wait 1:00 and then tell me to build a bunker. Have build orders for all the different match ups too.

I just beg one thing of you, make it super pretty! Maybe it is just because i have an android phone, but all starcraft II apps that try to do what you are doing have a fugly UI. Iam getting an iPad soon and would love to try this out!

6. ShootingStars thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your suggestions! If anyone has more keep them coming! We will be taking them to heart in the process of developing the app.