Suggestions for sunglasses.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Jun 15, 2010.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

I got contact lens and would like to get some sunglasses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I swear by Serengeti's. Optically neutral and near perfect in any condition. Wide variety of styles and frames. Extremely well-priced compared to most of the major "name" brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, Maui Jim's. If you're a Costco member, you can get them for about a third or so off retail, typically in the $60-90 range.

3. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

I just had Lasik and now I wear maui Jims. I love'em. Get polarized, no matter what.

4. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I have a pair of Serengeti Visa that I bought on eBay just after they discontinued making that model. I love them - they're in the Drivers line, which cuts glare and reduces fatigue (supposedly) if you're behind the wheel or have lots of glare. My dad bought a pair after trying mine, and loves his also. I'd recommend Serengeti's to anyone. Good quality, superior lenses.

They're pricey (I guess) if you buy them new. My pair were like $135. ('course, I found them for $36, including shipping :D)

5. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

I swear by Maui Jim's. They have many that are similar to your glasses...

6. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

I'd probably get a pair of Persol sunglasses. In fact, I'd have a pair now if I didn't wear prescription. They're expensive, but they are good quality glasses and are quite comfortable. I like the 714's.

7. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I had some Revo's and Vaurnet's when I had contacts. They were really nice.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Serengeti.

Best lenses by a long shot, and nice styles. The optical quality is really obvious when compared to any other brand out there. You're not paying for nothing.

However, they're not great if you plan on using them for sports or something active. Their lenses are made of glass, not plastic, so if they broke, they'd be a danger to your eyes.

Doesn't matter though. I have another pair of sunglasses I'm more willing to wear for sports.

9. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Another vote for Serengeti. One thing I like about them is that while you can get polarized lenses, you can get any of their styles without it too.

10. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I like Bolle. They have plenty of nice, modern styles available. As others have mentioned, Serengeti is also a very good brand. I also definitely recommend a pair of polarized sunglasses.

11. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Ray Ban or Oakley for the mainstream sunglasses.