Suggestions for Title on visiting card

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hanifali, Nov 14, 2011.

1. hanifali macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just joined my father's manufacturing business, its food product business. Previously my father was managing whole n sole activity of business as its small but now I joined and we both manage it.

I am planning to make my visiting card for business transactions, and want suggestions about what should I mention for my TITLE. I did MBA and BBA, which I also want to show in my visiting card.

Between my dad already have his visiting cards in which his title is "Proprietor" but I want something out of box.

Thank you so much in advance.

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Titles are overrated, and obsession with titles is bad for your career, IMO. I've seen people's careers suffer over it.

What's wrong with just having your name? My business card has my name on it, but at my request there's no job title. And in the end, nobody questions what I do for the company, least of all myself.

3. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

I wouldn't put your degrees on your business card unless you're a MD, JD, CPA, PC and etcetera. Degrees that are truly relevant to the business.

I just have my name on my business card. No degrees or certifications listed.

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Even then, in my opinion (and perhaps others'), the degree you hold isn't nearly as relevant as the certification you get afterward (such as a CPA's license, a lawyer passing the bar exam, etc.).

5. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

I think it makes sense if its like Dr. or Prof. otherwise i agree with titles being overrated and hence the simpler the card the better.