Suggestions for UB Pad Interface for Logic 7.2?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by sonarghost, Apr 22, 2007.

1. sonarghost macrumors regular

Hello all. I'm looking for suggestions for a drum pad interface to use with logic 7.2. I was very interested with the Korg PadKontrol but unfortunately it is not UB compliant. According to my understanding it will only work in Rosetta. Can anyone else let me know what pad interface you use (UB compliant) and your experiences with it. I am doing alot of research on what to get but I really believe in Feedback from "real life" users. Thank you very much in advance for your time!!

2. Rollershapple macrumors regular

Here you go!

Check out the Trigger Finger from M-audio, i've used it a couple times at guitarcenter and I though it had very nice feeling pads.

Also check out Akai MPD16, or MPD24, Both from Akai, the maker of the MPC(same pads used) VERY good feeling pads.

Then if you want some keys, also the M-audio Axiom 25, has 25 keys and 8 drum pads(same as trigger finger ones). Its got rodery knobs, little lcd, and transport control buttons.

M-audio Trigger Finger- $199 USD
    Akai MPD 16- $99 USD
    Akai MPD 24- $199 USD
    M-audio Axiom 25-$179 USD 49 key version is $250 and 61 key is $299

Hope I helped!

3. Rollershapple macrumors regular

BTW I've used all of these one time or another. I had the MPD 16 for a couple monthes also. I'd recommend all of these products, and there all made by very reliable companys.

4. sonarghost thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much for the suggestions guys!

5. Rollershapple macrumors regular