Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
Hey everyone

I need suggestions from some of you as to a dilemma im having.
I own an iPhone 3G, and I think its wonders. However, im a pay as you go account and I pay roughly 80 dollars every month for a 300 anytime minute with 500 night and weekends, with unlimited data and unlimited texting.

However, its becoming a pain in the butt to pay that much every month since I dont have a fixed income, most of what I get is from my financial aid refund that I get to buy books and basically survive while im in college.

So my question is, should I sell my iPhone 3G on ebay, and with that money buy myself an iPod touch and a semi good phone to use with ATT? Or should I completely skip ATT and go with T-Mobile and get another phone (with no contract since I dont have any credit yet) to get a better rate?

Thanks!

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
Hey everyone

I need suggestions from some of you as to a dilemma im having.
I own an iPhone 3G, and I think its wonders. However, im a pay as you go account and I pay roughly 80 dollars every month for a 300 anytime minute with 500 night and weekends, with unlimited data and unlimited texting.

However, its becoming a pain in the butt to pay that much every month since I dont have a fixed income, most of what I get is from my financial aid refund that I get to buy books and basically survive while im in college.

So my question is, should I sell my iPhone 3G on ebay, and with that money buy myself an iPod touch and a semi good phone to use with ATT? Or should I completely skip ATT and go with T-Mobile and get another phone (with no contract since I dont have any credit yet) to get a better rate?

Thanks!

Cancel the data plan, that should save you some money.

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
Data plan is only 20, and yeah it would but I have a tendancy of going online and having the browser open along with maps at various times, and if I dont have the web plan, itll discount it right of my balance...

and im not sure if I can take away the data plan, even if ATT will let me

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
It depends on you:
1. Would you rather have the $80 in your pocket each month or the iPhone?
2. Is the $80 more than you can actually afford for a phone?

Depending on the answers, it may be sensible to send it back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Call 1-800-unmouton for 24 hour iPhone Financial Advice :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.