Suggestions on a messenger/bookbag for multiple laptops

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by historyteacher, Jul 17, 2013.

1. historyteacher macrumors member

Hello all,

I am starting a new position that is going to require me to carry a MacBook Air, iPad, chromebook and occassionally a nice beefy Lenovo W7 PC. I will be traveling (via car) to multiple locations everyday.

Anybody have any suggestions on some sort of bag that will allow me to carry these plus required chargers and connectors?

As always, thanks!

2. luisito macrumors regular

luisito

Yes, its called a backpack.

A messenger bag will destroy your shoulder, believe me, I've done it with the amount of stuff you are talking about.

3. historyteacher thread starter macrumors member

I was kind of thinking that would be the case. Any specific brands you prefer?

4. luisito macrumors regular

luisito

Sure, a Jansport, and specifically this model.

I bought it last August, almost a year ago, took me a while to find this backpack because I had to tailor its characteristics to my needs. It is quite comfortable, has a ridiculous amount of space, it has a capacity of 40 liters and has a specific compartment just for the sole and unique use of computer chargers. It is also a tough backpack, so it will last you and endure your mobility. I guarantee, that everything you mentioned will fit with the option of throwing in a couple of history books in there. :)

Official website: here.

Black/Orange color looks the best.

Hoping this helps you.

5. historyteacher thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I will probably go ahead and order it based on that recommendation.

6. luisito macrumors regular

luisito

Glad to help! :)

7. shinninglikeme macrumors newbie

thats true meseenger bags are very vey bad and irritating even when carried for 10 minutes. Back pack worked as a great help for me to carry my laptop easily .

8. keatre macrumors newbie

I travel through airports quite a bit, and the old backpacks aren't as user friendly as some of the messenger bags.

I sometimes carry multiple laptops in my bag, but it does get a bit heavy. 70% of the time, it's sitting on top of my luggage though. I have a newer backpack I use personally - but my profession dictates a "professional" look, and backpacks aren't considered professional (yet....they will be soon, I think).

This is what I use, currently.

9. Onno macrumors member

I have a crumpler messenger bag and a crumpler backpack, both are really great. Depending on how much I want to take with me I take one of those.

Herschel is also getting quite popular.

10. mattferg macrumors 6502

Why would you need to carry an Air and a Chromebook, out of curiosity?

11. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

A few years ago, when I was lugging a 15" Macbook Pro, I bought one of these:

http://tragerusa.com/products/courier-laptop

I sold the MBP but kept the bag. When traveling, I keep my new 13" MBA in an encase padded zipper bag and it slips nicely into the Trager bag, along with all the accessories I need. The Trager is very well built and has a nice, wide adjustable shoulder strap.

12. jedolley macrumors 68000

While I agree that a messenger bag is not the best solution for the OP, I don't completely agree with this statement. A loaded messenger bag with a good strap (like the Tom Bihn Absolute Strap) is completely doable.

13. historyteacher thread starter macrumors member

Sure thing. I train teachers on how to use tech in the classroom. It REALLY helps if I am using the exact same system that either they or their kids are using.

14. historyteacher thread starter macrumors member

Bag found!

Hey all,

Just wanted to thank you for your suggestions. Today I went into my local Sam's Club and they had a Swiss Gear backpack for sale. Decided to bring it home to try out and it is great! Fits all the goods, plus chargers and extras. I realize that it is not some fancy brand, but it seemed to be a good price at the wholesale club and will work perfect for my needs.

Thanks again!

15. m98custom1212 macrumors 6502