Suggestions on accessories to buy for 15" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jiffry1017, Jun 15, 2016.

1. jiffry1017 macrumors member

Hi

I currently own a mid-June 2009 13" Macbook Pro with upgraded ram and SSD+HD combo. My setup is two 23" monitors connected to the computer, an IKEA napkin holder as the MacBook pro stand, and Apple wireless mouse and keyboard.

I'm looking to buy the new 15" rMBP whenever it comes out. What accessories would you guys recommend to buy to accompany that purchase? I likely wouldn't upgrade the monitors I have now, but am thinking of other accessories that would make my setup more efficient or just would complement my macbook.

Here are some things I had in mind
    - Notebook sleeve
    - Second charger so I can leave one at my desk and one in my bag
    - Transcend jetdrive
    - Dock or stand (e.g. landing zone, mtower)
    - laptop desk

What else do you think I should potentially look at?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

First and foremost, you shouldn't buy anything right now as the update may change the chassis size, ports and other specs, making current accessories incompatible.

That said, I recommend Incase's Icon TENSARELITE sleeve, which provides excellent protection while keeping the slim profile. I have one for my 12" MacBook and it's great.

3. leman macrumors 604

4. robvas macrumors 68020

Buy one 27" Apple monitor. Then you don't need the dock or extra power cord.

5. jerryk macrumors 68020

I would not buy anything that plugs in and expect it to work with a new Skylake or later 15 rMBP. The "leaked" pictured showed only USB C ports. Therefore current chargers or Jetdrive would not plug in. With a USB C based rMBP I would look at a USB C/Thunderbolt 3 dock, but not until after the new rMBP is shipping and people can verify which docks work correctly.