Suggestions on organizing in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by m021478, Sep 14, 2008.

1. m021478 macrumors 6502

I wanted to find out some of your opinions on a basic approach to organizing images I am considering doing with my images in iPhoto '08...any pros and/or cons you can respond back with would be appreciated!

I am looking at my events in iPhoto and I see about 7 different one's for each of 7 different weddings I've attended; I see about 30 total events for each of the major family holidays over the last several years (X-Mas, Thanksgiving, etc.); and so on and so on...

I was thinking about perhaps keywording each of the images in each of the wedding events using the names of the people who got married, then simply merging all 7 wedding events into a single event (perhaps creating an album out of each before doing so)...I'd then do the same thing for each of the family holidays (merging 30 events into a single event, after keywording appropriately and creating albums out of each event as necessary)...

Anyone have any thoughts on this approach? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

2. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

I would say using keywords is a good way to go. You can create "smart" albums in iPhoto just like you can create smart playlists in iTunes. This way you don't need to worry about how iPhoto imports everything, as long as you add the relevant keywords, you will automatically updated albums.