Suggestions on presentation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by suneohair, Jun 3, 2007.

1. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

So I have to do a presentation for an online course. We are required to have audio narration.

I would like to use Keynote, because the outputs are heaps better, but... It will be viewed online or in a powerpoint. Of course i could export to powerpoint, but I will lose much of the look.

What I would like to do is make the keynote and do the audio in garageband and use an app like Screen Mimic to output a flash file.

The only problem seems to be timing. What I think I will do is make the keynote, do a print off of the outline, and then record the audio track in garageband while going through the outline/presentation. While I record in a screen output app.

Any thoughts, a way to do it easier? This is all very confusing! I wish keynote had that record narration option...

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Can you Export as QuickTime in Keynote, and if necessary, use iMovie or the like to lace the audio on top of it?

3. suneohair thread starter macrumors 68020

suneohair

Yes you can export to quicktime. I am just not sure of the rules on that, because I have only seen the prof. use powerpoint and flash. I don't know if he will let put a quicktime video up. He might though, most people have quicktime...

4. RamSlack macrumors member

Why don't you just make a video podcast? Seems like, based on what you are trying to do, garageband podcast can do all of these things.

5. suneohair thread starter macrumors 68020

suneohair

I can't assume people have access to iTunes, that is why I can't do that. I am only able to use what is proven, which is flash and powerpoint. So from there I have to find a solution that works.

The other 20+ students in the class have to view and getting them all to download things isn't very fair on my part.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you make a QT movie, you could always convert that to Flash fairly easily....

7. suneohair thread starter macrumors 68020

suneohair

Thats what I was thinking. I am going to try out Snapz Pro I think. And then get that into a flash file.