Suggestions on RAM for 13" MBPr Mid 2014

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GoodtobetheKing, Aug 12, 2015.

1. GoodtobetheKing macrumors member

Hello!

I bought a 13" Retina Macbook pro earlier this year and I think I'm at a point now where I need to put some more memory in. My computer's current specs are:

Processor: 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB
    Version: 10.10.4 Yosemite

I was thinking about ordering this from Amazon but I had a couple questions before I did that:

1. Would I have to replace all of the RAM currently in my machine or could I just add on to it?
    2. Are there any other options that users here would recommend other than this one?
    3. Is this a good deal?
    Thanks!

2. chabig, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015

chabig macrumors 68040

You didn't specify the model of MacBook, but I can deduce that you've got model MacBookPro11,1 (mid-2014) which means you're stuck with 8GB. The memory in your computer is non-removable. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201165

That said, I can't image you would need more than 8GB. If you're seeing major performance problems, you should probably be looking elsewhere.

3. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

A 2014 Retina 13" MacBook Pro does not have upgradable RAM. The RAM is soldered in so there are no memory slots to plug in the RAM that you linked to.
    EDIT: chabig beat me to the reply. He is right, 8 Gb should be fine. Sorry for the bad news.