Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kyeris

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Somewhere in Texas
Alright so, basically I'm on my 3rd iPhone;

iPhone #1 (7/28) - Front piece would make a clicking sound when it was barely pushed in, wasn't attached correctly to the innards of the device, it was offset majorly.

iPhone #2 (8/14) - Sleep/Wake button was pretty much flush with the rest of the phone, couldn't even push it in.

iPhone #3 (8/14) - Story below...

Alright so, ever since I've had the 3rd iPhone, my battery has been a bit worse then the first one. I couldn't go through a day of casual 3G usage, with mainly being on edge. Did say 30 minutes of surfing and e-mail on 3G a day, and about an hour of talk, 3 or 4 hours of iPod, both on edge. My battery would hit 20% by 8PM or 9PM.

Since 2.1 came out, my battery has been even worse. I calibrate the battery every week, and the first day I got iPhone #3 I charged completely, let it die, charged completely before I even used it.

The following pictures are my average day now (and it's only a weekend, I'm barely using the phone). 30 minutes of 3G surfing (lite), 2-3 hours of iPod, 10 or so minutes of talk (iPod and talk on edge).

I've restored, location services is off, push is off, I barely use 3G, and by now my iPhone is almost dead AND I'm not even using it quite like I used to. I know how to force quit apps and I generally do so they don't leech power...

The screenshots below are my past two days using what I specified 2 paragraphs ago. I've been letting it die and completely charge every night since 2.1 now.

I need to know if you guys think I should go into the apple store for iPhone #4.. or even if they'll let me. I'm sick of this and I just wanna find a phone that actually works for me.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 82
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 44

neesh0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
might want to try a quick restore just in case the update went wrong somewhere, if its still an issue call the apple store in case they tell you it normal after you've gotten there

Kyeris

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Somewhere in Texas
might want to try a quick restore just in case the update went wrong somewhere, if its still an issue call the apple store in case they tell you it normal after you've gotten there

I did a restore when I updated, everything's fresh. I just did one again, might just go through tomorrow and see how it does.

Kyeris

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Somewhere in Texas
I have 2 other iPhones on my plan, both 16GB whites. They haven't had any issues so far, and are still on the original phones.

1) Is there a noticeable difference from black and white?
2) Is it even possible to request a white if I was to replace my black phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.