Suggestions please on an iPad 2 rotating case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Penny's Geek, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Penny's Geek macrumors member

Okay. I've looked at dozens of reviews, and yes dozens of video reviews and one thing I'd like to know is this: I'm looking for an iPad 2 case that rotates for both portrait and landscape viewing. The thing that concerns me is when the iPad is rotated into portrait view, most of these cases seem to have rather flimsy or weak faux leather backing to keep the iPad in place. One of the many uses for my iPad is as an e-reader. I enjoy using it in portrait mode to read with rather than landscape. Just find it easier that way.

My question is, IS there a particular rotating case out there that you guys would recommend over another? One thing I do like in the design is that it does show the Apple logo on the back. But I DO want to make sure I get a case that is sturdy or strong enough to hold the iPad 2 in portrait mode for reading and won't either slide out of its groove or be knocked over at the slightest touch.

One other thing I've noticed is that because of the length of the iPad when compared to the case is that it tends to lean back a great deal which may make it hard to use as a reader when in portrait mode. I'd like to know if there's a case out there that allows for that and somehow brings the iPad back to an almost 90 degree angle for better viewing?

Thanks.

2. MathRulz macrumors regular

I don't have a rotating case suggestion. I have not used any.

The Maroo can be held in that orientation with hand under the elastic strap for reading in a comfy chair, bed, etc.

You might also consider a stand for use on a table or desk. I have a couple and like the Arkon best.

3. Redneck-Randy macrumors member

I have the Targus Versavu and it's a very sturdy well built and thick materials used for the case. The ipad is also very well secured in the case. Little on the pricey side at $60 from Best Buy. You can view one at Best Buy. The link below is a very large image of the case and you can see just how think the case it.

http://imagedirectory.targus.com/im/?filename=THZ045US_CLOSED3.tif

4. Penny's Geek thread starter macrumors member

I've looked at the Targus and while it may have good reviews, the only negative against it is it doesn't have the smart cover option built into the case. Plus, as you mentioned, it is a bit pricey.

Thanks

5. mwjd299 macrumors regular