Suggestions/Recommendations in Apple Music?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dj1891, Jun 7, 2017.

1. dj1891 macrumors regular

dj1891

I am wondering if such a feature exists? On Spotify for example if I create a playlist and add a few songs at the bottom of the playlist is suggestions for similar songs which I have found extremely useful. I've not come across anything like this on Apple music or am I missing something?

2. lars666 macrumors 6502a

I don't know the exact English names, but isn't the "For You" section within Apple Music what you are looking for? Maybe not that much of recommendations as in Spotify, but I chooses curated playlists based on what you have listened to and there's a "Mix Of The Week" pendant personalized for you, too.

3. dj1891 thread starter macrumors regular

dj1891

I looked at the mix of the week. I don't have one of them artists in my library, in fact I've not heard of any of them.

4. doolittle27 macrumors member

doolittle27

No, Apple Music does not have suggestions for similar songs added to your created playlist. That's unfortunate. You've got to give a big thumbs up for Spotify on that one. Currently on both services, and might love Spotify just a little more :)

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

But I believe when you like or love a song (particularly in Radio) it will serve up similar music.

6. doolittle27 macrumors member

doolittle27

In theory yes, but I believe that is not what the question in the original post.

I believe that he was wondering if Apple Music offers such feature as shown below when adding songs to playlist created, which clearly Apple Music doesn't have.

[​IMG]