Suggestions: Small Business Year-Over-Year Sales Graph App?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by osumartz, Jun 14, 2011.

1. osumartz macrumors newbie

I was hoping someone has some suggestions. I am looking for an easy to use app that will help me input and display on a graph my daily sales numbers for my retail business. I would like to be able to show year-over-year to anticipate business. Also, if possible, I would like it to be able to correspond the year-over-year graphs with the day of the week (34th Monday), instead of the actual day (ex June 24th). My business has a strong increase in sales throughout the week, then dies over the weekend.

I'd imagine I could do this with Excel or Quickbooks, but it seems like there should be a dedicated app for this since I am sure this is a very common and desirable need for small business owners.

Thank!!!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They usually use Excel, as it is economical to use a spreadsheet application that can do more than just one thing.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Excel does this quite well. It doesn't make sense to have an app dedicated to this one function, since there are many other reports that would also be valuable to a business owner. Excel or Numbers is the best kind of tool for this type of need.