Suggestions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xA4Hx, Aug 16, 2008.

1. xA4Hx macrumors member

I am looking to sell my 3g iphone any suggestions on where to sell it. It is one I personally owned since week after launch. Closing my ATT account

-illusion

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

srly? :rolleyes:
    ever hear of eBay or Craigslist or even dare i say it, your local paper or local trade gazette.

3. xA4Hx thread starter macrumors member

Not looking to be greedy like ebay, just want it gone fast so I can get ready, have to start getting ridd of some stuff so when I move sometime next year I have less to carry.
    Only looking for 450-500

-illusion

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

450-500 is greedy as you put it. If you didn't want to be greedy you would sell it for the same price you bought it for.

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

$450-$500 is not greedy for a phone that does not require a contract. This would be $499 direct from AT&T...

6. xA4Hx thread starter macrumors member

I have 3 lines all have to be canceled. I am moving to an another state, unfortunately money will be so tight, I might have to go without internet for a while among many other things. I am about to finish my degree and I am moving out on my own, I am paying att 100 a month just for my portion I need my expenses low so I have a chance if I can find a job to afford a roof over my head. So here I have to dump unnessary gadgets.

-illusion

3 lines - 1 was my blackberry that broke so to get an iphone I had to add a line ,so that counts for two of my 3 , and my mom is on my other I gave her notice today to look for a phone on her name but her credit is all ****ed up.

7. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

If you are in real financial need I say sell it on eBay and get whatever you can for it. It isn't being greedy, it's called capitalism. If the market is willing to pay more you should take it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing that.

IIRC the no contract pricing is going to be $599.00 for the 8GB and $699.00 for the 16GB. You should at least be asking that much.

You could probably get at least $800.00 and that would go a long way to paying the $525.00 in ETF's that you are going to pay plus give you a little scratch to help you out. YMMV ;)