SUID Warning

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by User*09, Feb 14, 2015.

1. User*09 macrumors member

Hello, I'm running 10.10.2 and I am part of the Public Beta Program. After I download a beta I run disk utility. I noticed a warning with the latest beta release and I would like to know if anyone in the Forum has any information as to what it means.The bugs I post in the Feedback Assistant (unfortunately) have been consistent. What I mean is, they existed before the current beta that I am running, except for this error, its a new one for me

Attached Files:

2. BasicGreatGuy, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have the same warning and I haven't installed a beta.

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

Nothing to worry about.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203172

3. User*09 thread starter macrumors member

Cool! Thanks for the response and the link.

4. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

After four years of complaining, they finally had this problem fixed in Mavericks and now it has returned in Yosemite. :eek:

This suggests that Apple teams are constantly working on separate code bases and that fixes are "lost" with any new iteration, witness the constantly recurring issues with Wi-Fi reception. :rolleyes:

5. Moonchild macrumors newbie

Actually, I am having this message come up when I Verify Disk Permissions using Mavericks 10.9.5. It certainly is a scary message, as it suggests a virus (at least to me). My i7 has frozen several times today.