Suitable laptop/camera satchel/bag?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by photoGrant, May 6, 2007.

1. photoGrant macrumors member

Can anyone direct me to a company that makes bags/satchels big enough for a full body SLR (Canon EOS20D) a few lenses and flash guns, and my 15.4" Macbook Pro?

I'm finding it a struggle to find something stylish, and less prone to being nicked! Lowepro make backpacks that are more than suitable, but their style is one not to be desired! I'm more inclined to be buying a satchel/side bag - what ever anyone calls them these days :D

Really appreciate it folks, this forums been a fantastic read for the past few days. Decided to take the plunge and sign up! New to the mac family and loving it already.

2. dcains macrumors regular

I've got several EOS bodies and lots of L-glass, too, and the Domke bags are my favorites. Take a look at www.cambags.com, and you'll see reviews with photos of just about any bag available. The Domke F-804 might fit your needs, although that's a model I don't own, and only carry my 15" MBP in a Kata R-103 backpack when I need to carry it with camera gear.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/16039-REG/Domke_701-84B_F804_Super_Satchel_Black_.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/368038-REG/Kata_KTR103_R_103_GDC_Rucksack.html

3. nutts macrumors member

I always recommend Crumpler bags, as they're always stylish, tough, well-made and available everywhere.

That wiki article has links to their websites the world over. I use a Sticky Date messenger-style bag for my 17" MBP and I absolutely love it!

Looking at the US site, it seems the Sinking Barge and Customary Barge (gotta laugh at their names) might be good for you. They're rucsacs, but judging by the weight you're going to be carrying that might not be such a bad idea for your back. Certainly when my bag is loaded up, I find it hard to walk long distances with the weight on only one shoulder.

4. djellison macrumors 68020

I second the call on Crumplers. I have a camera bag of theirs and it's just brilliant - looks great, it's like a D&G tank. They do do laptop+camera+lens combo bags, I'm sure one would suit you perfectly.

Doug

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

ALso check out the Lowepro Stealth Reporter series.

6. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Another vote for Crumpler, they are excellent bags!

I have a Base Toucher and it has been nothing that great for my needs :)