Suitcase Fusion.. malfunctioning?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by senajulia, May 23, 2008.

1. senajulia macrumors newbie

Forgive me if this is vague - I was told to install this program by my boss and I'm not sure how to use it.

I installed Suitcase Fusion onto my computer at work a few months ago and my fonts have been acting strangely ever since. There was some snag when it installed - it couldn't find a font or two, I believe, but I wasn't sure how to correct it (and by now it's been ages since I installed this). Ever since, my default fonts change nearly every time I boot up my computer. Some days it's fine, but other days I boot and find a font - Lucida Grande, I think - that Firefox can't handle. It overwrites itself constantly, to the point of being unreadable, and text is also misplaced in certain boxes so that it doesn't display. Suffice it to say, this makes certain webpages completely non-functional, and the only way I can hope to fix it is to reboot and hope that the system switches back to proper default.

I can't find how to solve this problem, as I can't even describe what it is in more than very vague terms. Suitcase help doesn't help, and I can't find any obvious issues when I go through Suitcase itself. Can anyone even tell me where to start to figure out what the issue is? I'll uninstall if it may help - but I really have no idea.

For the record, I'm a Windows person... only on Mac at work. So I'm not computer illiterate, just vastly less conversant in Mac. Apologies!!

2. operator207 macrumors 6502