Suits..... ENOUGH!!!!!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by the vj, May 29, 2011.

1. the vj macrumors 6502a

Today 80% of the information in the site is about Apple suiting some one or the other way around. Even is a very interesting topic I am ******** tire of watching those legal issues all the time. This site has become only about that and IS NOT about legal issues only.

I believe a Page 3 for legal issues could be created for the one of us who cares only about computers and not about the guy who got cough selling white iPhone parts and so on or Samsung issues and so on.

Thank you.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

WWDC is one week away. Look for this trend to change dramatically this week and next.

3. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

"MacRumors : News and Rumors You Care About."

I think the legal stuff fits into "News" :confused:
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who cares about it either...

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Lawsuits are very much part of the tech industry. Whether you like them or not, you just have to deal with them. As to a section just for lawsuits, I don't think it's a good idea. I know some people don't like them, but then again not every news story is relevant to me. Does that mean the site should filter out everything I don't like? Probably not.

5. the vj thread starter macrumors 6502a

There are interesting for sure, but for the last year lawsuit have been the main topic and lawsuits existed before.

I am sure they carry traffic to the site since the guy sold that stolen iPhone case. But gosh!!! Now Samsung is suiting back Apple, what do I care!!!

The point is that if you fallow ever lawsuit against and from Apple and every detail, it will eat the site because they happen all the time and they are "corporate gossip" most of them non relevant unless you study law.

Do you understand? If Mac Rumors start to fallow Apple lawsuits that will be a web site itself. They should be put apart or filtered or something.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's a simple solution to your problem that won't require a change to the MR site.

Don't read the stories, just scroll on by

7. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

I agree. They're SO much a part of the industry that they've become background noise. One can assume every day that someone is suing Apple, and that every day Apple is suing someone else.

But few of these rise to the level of a Page 1 story (There already is a special page for these "barely news" features: it's called Page 2).

EDIT: oops... did we lose Page 2 in the site redesign??

8. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Or have a separate section so everybody can get the information they want without scrolling through information they don't....

9. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

Page 2 has been renamed and is now called the Mac Blog.

10. the vj, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011

the vj thread starter macrumors 6502a

You know what is the other thing regarding the "lawsuits"? the bad vibe. Bad intentions and greed from both sides. Samsung wants to take a look at Apple's new iPads, the other idiots trying to make a profit out ever application developer who used their tiny software, the kid selling white iPhones parts and getting screed.

Mac Rumors used to be a fun place to read about new technologies, not this. Yes, the lawsuits are interesting but there should be a healthy limit in those stories.

11. d4rkc4sm macrumors 6502

d4rkc4sm

true dat. stories about who is suing who are pretty damn boring to read. i come to macrumors to hear what hot sexy new life-changing products are coming out of cupertino. i could care less about some asian kid getting busted selling fake white iphones. how does this affect me. it doesnt.

this site is just about getting hits and ad revenue, and we are sheep to keep clicking in hoping and waiting for some REAL news.

12. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Well, that might actually be a useful feature: a customizable version of MacRumors. Maybe a premium feature for contributors. Every story is presumably tagged so maybe offer a preference selection where people could select which tags interest them (e.g. "I'm interested in all Mac hardware rumors, not iOS, and not lawsuits") and get a customized front page view when they're logged in.

13. the vj thread starter macrumors 6502a

You want to get hits? lets vote for a Apple Girl of the month, our own "Playmates". Start uploading pictures of girls with their Macs! and iPhones, be sure I will be clicking 5 times per minutes to see that being updated :D

14. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

These law suits will shape future products and directions for Apple. If you don't like them or are bored by them, don't read them. There was a whole bunch of hardware rumors over the preceding few weeks so it's feast or famine for some here at MacRumors.

15. Surely Guest

Surely

Exactly. If a story doesn't interest you, scroll on by. I find the lawsuit stories interesting, and I'm glad MR provides some coverage about them.

16. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

That's already been done.

17. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Not what I was suggesting, but infinitely better.

18. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

19. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Just like this poster states, just don't read them. Sorry, but this sounds like the guy who was screaming that MR was posting too much iPhone news when it was about to launch. Well, unless you want fake or made up news you read what's out there. MR doesn't make the news, it reports it.