Summer fling with a room mate?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Go Dog Go, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Go Dog Go macrumors member

Some exciting stuff happened to me over the weekend, and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

I moved to another state for the summer to do an Engineering internship, and I wound up living with 4 women. They are all my age, and from my same school in California. I wasn't friends with any of them before we moved in together, but I did know of one of them. We'll call her Mary.

Long story short, Mary and I have an attraction for eachother, and spent this past weekend together because our other room mates were out of town. We didn't have sex, but spent two nights talking until dawn, kissed, slept in the same bed, etc. We really like eachother....

But, we've only lived together for two weeks, and we have to live together for another 3 months.

Sketchy situation?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Pft, go for it, summer love is awesome, I doubt she's looking for anything serious, so go for it, have fun ;)

3. MrM macrumors 6502

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I reckon you should take her to a baseball game. If while there she grabs your 'package', I'd take that as a sign you might be in luck.

5. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

enjoy it, time will tell if you really love each other.

6. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

7. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

Go Dog Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. The potential fun and happiness that can be had will definitely outweigh the potentially negative that COULD come from it.

Live it up. Throw caution to the wind.

8. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

The OP was the original thread starter of the other two posts that Jaffa mentioned above.

9. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Hahaha, good link :D

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Cracks me up that a "newbie" had to point that out. :D

OP, I'm unsure these days if you're serious about this stuff or you're just seeking attention.

I say do as many women as you possibly can in life and never settle down.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm quite sure he knows that. ;) He's just asking whether this thread relates to the girl in the other thread, and presumably, how that turned out.

If he really had all these girls chasing after him, why does he seem so clueless? Why all the doubt? "Should I date her?" "Should I approach her?" There doesn't seem to be a problem. It's like you're creating this doubt yourself for some reason. Maybe deep down inside, you really don't want to date anyone. That, or perhaps you don't like girls.

14. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

So many girls... summer internship... random encounters and hookups... confused guy stumbling his way through it all...

Are you sure your life is not a coming of age teen/college movie? Sounds like the premise of every one I've ever seen. :)

It's one summer. Have fun and don't do anything too stupid!

15. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Exactly, thank you.

16. JennaLDS macrumors 6502

JennaLDS

Its a fun thing.. seriousness should wait.. you will ruin the "fun factor"... But if you really click, go for it.. I had a fling with my guy friend.. and well.. I married him.. and it has been awesome since..:D

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Got there before me :D.
    No offence OP but I wonder if all this is true? Every thread you seem to make on a Mac forum seems to be about relationships! Have you considered joining a relationship forum?
    And yes regulars post them too but they're not solely about da lovin