Summer Student Discount re: new Ipods?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by trice83, Jun 1, 2007.

1. trice83 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Wondering if whether this summer back to school sale on computers/ipods supposedly starting on the 5th is worth waiting on until WWDC to see whether a new ipod model will be released. Thanks for your input.

2. EngBrian macrumors regular

My best guess would be no. It would compete with the iPhone at a time when they need large iPhone sales. There is no point in stealing sales from yourself when they need this phone launch to be big. People who may not care about the phone part may still get one because of the new ipod functionality.

As usual if you really need a computer just get one but since it is only two weeks away...

I am personally waiting for the ipod discount as well (if it happens) and just to see what happens at WWDC.

3. ready2switch macrumors 6502

ready2switch

I'm sorry, but I can't remember from last year.

Historically has the iPod promotion been open to anyone or is it only for education purchases?

4. EngBrian macrumors regular

This is from the Canadian website and is for last years promotion but: Back to school promotion. In the terms and conditions you have to be a educational buyer, yes. Again this is for last year but I would bet if they ran it again this year it would be similar.