summerboard bug?

cwolves

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Could someone confirm this bug for me? Running the newest summerboard (3.0a11), play a song and click on the "album list" icon at the top-right.

The rating area (where you can rate a song 0-5) becomes transparent, e.g.:

Is this even a bug? Or is it just an "oversight" on apple's part since the default theme has a black background?

Also, it doesn't become transparent until it's fully flipped:

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
this is because summerboard makes all the blacks transparent so that your background shows (or at least thats been my theory the last 2 days while searching for a solution to the background issue w/o using summerboard).

Summerboard as a whole is really buggy, so im glad youve noticed this. I uninstalled summerboard and trip1pogo and am using a springboard edit that works great, but no background...

I think the dim background is more evidence towards this point since it just reduces the transparency of the 'black' area

thoughts?
Arisian

recover82

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
~/
I can confirm that mine suffers from this as well. Hopefully Summerboard will see an update soon. It's a minor flaw, but it certainly is ugly.

My Tetris game area is doing the same thing. Where the blocks fall, the background is transparent.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Same thing happens to me, also turn to Cover Flow and turn back the play/pause, bakc and foward controls thing at the botton becomes transparent as well, but I dont think thats a bug, I see it more like a feature!

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
Same thing happens to me, also turn to Cover Flow and turn back the play/pause, bakc and foward controls thing at the botton becomes transparent as well, but I dont think thats a bug, I see it more like a feature!
haha... thats what I tell my customers :)

adamsweeting

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
this is because summerboard makes all the blacks transparent so that your background shows (or at least thats been my theory the last 2 days while searching for a solution to the background issue w/o using summerboard).

Summerboard as a whole is really buggy, so im glad youve noticed this. I uninstalled summerboard and trip1pogo and am using a springboard edit that works great, but no background...

I think the dim background is more evidence towards this point since it just reduces the transparency of the 'black' area

thoughts?
Arisian
What SpringBoard edit is that?... Where can I get my hands on it.

Fed up with all this now.

adamsweeting

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
FYI guys... some bods on ipodtouchfans are saying that once they turned off the "dim wallpaper" option on SMBPrefs - their Ipod stopped crashing.

I'm at work at the moment, and forgot my iPod this morning - so I'll have to wait until this evening to test it out.

Hope it works.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
FYI guys... some bods on ipodtouchfans are saying that once they turned off the "dim wallpaper" option on SMBPrefs - their Ipod stopped crashing.

I'm at work at the moment, and forgot my iPod this morning - so I'll have to wait until this evening to test it out.

Hope it works.
Thats what I noticed a few days ago, I turned off dim wallpaper and it runs fine now, not a single crash since a few days ago when I changed it (and I use my iPod all the time)

adamsweeting

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Thats what I noticed a few days ago, I turned off dim wallpaper and it runs fine now, not a single crash since a few days ago when I changed it (and I use my iPod all the time)
PowerfulMac: That's music to my ears....

I'll turn off "dim wallpaper" when I get home, and test.
Good stuff!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.