Summerboard is active but won't show any themes

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ck37, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ck37 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone.

Okay here is the scenario, jailbroke my ipod touch 8gb with 1.1.4 wih Ziphone. Worked like a charm. installed a few apps etc. Installed summerboard the new version. Installed, activated etc. restarted the ipod, did all that. checked through WINScp to make sure permissions are set at 755. checked the location of the theme files and are in the two places recommended. Installed the patches via the recommendations on the site: SMB fix by big boss, Spezias fix etc.

My problem here is Summerboard is active but when I tap themes there is no menu of any themes. Just a blank page. The themes are installed when i look at the touch through WINSCP but not showing on the touch itself. I have uninstalled everything, reinstalled and still the same scenario. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

download the Fix for SummerBoard. It should be under Tweaks or Utilities in Installer. Worked for me:D

If that doesn't work. Navigate to:

/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ and place them in there. After that don't worry about setting the perms to 755, it will work automatically. Worked for me too!!!:D

Because if they are in /var/root/ they will not be recognized in FW 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. :D

Have you installed BSD Subsystem???

Hope it works for you.

allbrokeup.

3. ck37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes the BSD subystem is installed. I do see the files already in that directory you posted. As for the fix for summerboad, the only one I see is from skylar its a 1.1.3 1.1.4 summerboard fix. However that doesn't help either. Still the same outcome.
    ughh...So frustrating.

Thanks for your help though.

4. ck37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, if anyone else can help me i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

easy way to sort this is go to installer, go to sources, then click edit then add and type the following

http://touchrepo.com/repo.xml and click ok

when sources have refreshed go ti install and scroll down to tweaks (1.1.3) and install the SMB Theme Fix

6. ndebonfilhs macrumors newbie

same problem does not work

i tried this and everything else possible and it doesn't work

anyone else have any suggestions other than the fix

7. Guayaco macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem, its so annoying!:mad:

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

only option I can think of is just re-jailbreak? use a different method? I have used soft upgrades, iLiberty+ and ziphone and have never heard of this problem, only thing I can think of is the themes are in the wrong location?

9. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Theres so many fixes and patches etc. needed for the new firmwares! Im still rockin' 1.1.1 and its going fine! I see no need to update apart from the wiggly icons, but I have Customize for rearranging icons, so no need to update for me!