Summerboard Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Just1nCase, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Just1nCase macrumors member

Hello,

I am planning to install Summerboard to customize my iPod touch's icons and dock, but from reading the posts regarding "Summerboard", many people running into problems. Is there a guide to install Summerboard properly? Can I use the Installer.app to install Summerboard or do I have to manually install it myself using SSH/Cyberduck? Will Summerboard allow me to remove the "Stocks" app and "iTunes Music Store" app out of the dock easily without going through the *.plist file?

Please let me know. Thanks.

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

customize lets you play with your .plist. Summerboard wont do that. Summerboard is like a theme-based piece of software with backgrounds,icons, etc.

You are looking for customized.app <-- Note: the old version wont let you change the.plist and will probably crash. There is al ink floating somewhere around the forums that has info on where to find the new version of customized.

also, you can now install from installer.app (sb that is). Just make sure you dont use dim background option

Thanks,
    Arisian

3. Just1nCase thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I found the new version of Customized and successfully installed it. Now, everything looks better than before. Thanks again.