Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Craig Christ

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Is it normal that when I pick a them, there are many icons that don't change to match the theme? I've been having a hard finding the answer to this via search.

bnizzy

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2008
NYC
Is it normal that when I pick a them, there are many icons that don't change to match the theme? I've been having a hard finding the answer to this via search.

Some of the themes do not have an icon made for that app therefore some icons go back to default. (this is what i am assuming...)

If you SSH into your iTouch, you can find the file with all the themes and see the icons, wallpapers and such...

Now, correct me if i'm wrong cuz i never tried this, but i am ASSUMING that if you add in icons / change icons, those changes will be reflected when you load that theme.

I will try it tonight and let you know if no one else has a definite answer by then.

VaporXXXX

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Some of the themes do not have an icon made for that app therefore some icons go back to default. (this is what i am assuming...)

If you SSH into your iTouch, you can find the file with all the themes and see the icons, wallpapers and such...

Now, correct me if i'm wrong cuz i never tried this, but i am ASSUMING that if you add in icons / change icons, those changes will be reflected when you load that theme.

I will try it tonight and let you know if no one else has a definite answer by then.

My summer wont update the theme at all I go into it select the theme and return to the home page and nothing happens it also says its inactive at the bottom of the program too

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
My summer wont update the theme at all I go into it select the theme and return to the home page and nothing happens it also says its inactive at the bottom of the program too

thats because by the sounds of it your summerboard is inactive.

you will need to go to System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app via ftp and chmod 755 all files (no folders) reboot touch and walla problem solved

VaporXXXX

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
thats because by the sounds of it your summerboard is inactive.

you will need to go to System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app via ftp and chmod 755 all files (no folders) reboot touch and walla problem solved
thanks man worked perfect rebooting solves more problem than people think it fixed my mail and youtube which both were getting errors

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.