Summerboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Arisian, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

anyone want to offer some help on how to get summerboard 1.1.1 working. I followed the instructions that were provided, however, when summerboard started up, it had nothing in the menus and then eventually crashed. I assumed it was a chmod issue, so i set the permissions to full read and write and that jacked everything up

i copied all files to the correct locations and it showed up in my home menu. Anyone else have this issue. Btw, i got it from the app tapp homepage rather than on installer.app

Thanks in advance, I certainly know many people probably have this same question. Im ready for some awesome backgrounds, since thats what inspired me to hack it this morning in the first place

Thanks again,
    Arisian

2. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

I'm confused. Did you follow the INSTALL file accompanying the software?

3. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

yeah, I do exactly that, aka what the install file tells you to. However, when I start it up, it just sits there and the eventually crashes. Does that help?

Thanks,
    Arisian

4. bliks macrumors member

mine did the same thing. Then I installed summerboard from installer.app then just overwrote the files that were made by installer... I unno, it worked when I did it that way...

Cause the first time I did it when I launched the preference the app crashed and went back to the home screen. lol

5. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Heh, well, no, not really, as it should work! :p

Delete whatever you did. Install and uninstall the SummerBoard in installer.app. Redownload the software so you have unadjusted permissions settings.

That'll leave folders you can work with on the iPod so you know where you're putting things a little better.

Remember, stuff like "Themes -> /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes" means you're putting the whole "Themes" directory (the folder) that you downloaded into "SummerBoard", creating /SummerBoard/Themes, and not /SummerBoard/Themes/Themes.

....I've been up all night and I want breakfast. I'll be back.

6. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

ill give er' another go around
    thanks sir

Arisian