Summerboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DarkRevenant, Apr 13, 2008.

1. DarkRevenant macrumors member

Hey all,

I've been customizing my iPod touch lately and I was wondering if anyone could provide insight into I could create my own summerboard theme, or if there is a way to pick and choose from existing summerboard themes.

My main problem is no matter what theme I seem to pick, there is always a certain icon that hasn't been designed under the theme, so all of the icons are one theme and there will be one icon, the Music icon for example, left unchanged. That is pretty much the best I can describe the problem. If theres any confusion feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance.

2. TimJim macrumors 6502a

You can SSH into your iPod Touch. Then, create a new folder, copy and paste a Wallpaper.png, an Icons folder [with Icons in it obviously], and a Dock.png, all of your choosing. Then put it in the themes folder under Summerboard.

There are a lot of guides on how to SSH on YouTube and such if you don't know how to.

3. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

There are hundreds of themes available and probably thousands of applications, each with it's own icon. There is no way that every developer of summerboards can design an icon for every available application. This is something you'll have to live with unless you do as you asked about and design your own.

As far as managing different summerboards, download SMBPrefs and as many summerboard themes as you want. They'll each show up in SMBPrefs and you can select different ones as often as you want.

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

If you dl the themes, you can take the icons from each one, and put them into your own theme